[QA] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

Noah Sussman ns at noahsussman.com
Sun Jul 20 01:18:45 UTC 2014

On 7/19/14, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:
> Le 16/07/2014 23:37, S Page a écrit :
>>
>> QA folk, is there a way to "grep" all browser tests for gettaddrinfo and
>> "timed out after 5 seconds" to see if there's a pattern to when and how
>> often they occur?

You can ssh to the Jenkins host and grep the logs directly.  All the
logs are in the $JENKINS_HOME directory, you could potentially do
something as brutish and short :) as this:

    find . -name junitResult.xml | xargs grep "timed out after 5 seconds"

I ssh into the Jenkins host and run greps on the command line pretty
much *constantly* when managing a Jenkins instance. Not fancy but
works well enough that I gave a talk about how to do it (2011 but it's
still up-to--date): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6IJu3uLZOs and
slides with code are here:
http://www.slideshare.net/noahsussman/jenkins-data-mining-on-the-command-line-jenkins-user-conference-nyc-2012