[QA] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

James Forrester jforrester at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 11 22:50:10 UTC 2014

On 11 July 2014 15:19, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Greg, Rob, Tomasz and I just had an IRL conversation about this. Given
> some of the ambiguity of the test failures we've been discussing as related
> to 'infrastructure/architecture issues', we should be filing specific bug
> reports in Bugzilla in regards to the issues we see. I'll followup with the
> mobile web team directly to start digging into this. Further, it was
> clarified that Greg G has ownership of getting the issues resolved. We also
> agreed that for the time being, mobile-tech will be removed from the list
> of recipients of the failure emails until the issues are resolved. However,
> no one in the room was sure how to actually do this - Zeljko, Chris, Dan,
> is this something one of you can help out with?

​Steps (I had to do this last week; sharing the learning rather than just
replicating the issue):

   1. ​Go​ to https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/
   2. Be logged in as someone with admin permissions (I *think* that's
   automatic for ldap/wmf)
   3. Go to the browser test you want to modify (e.g. the MobileFrontend
   Chrome enwiki BetaLabs one
   <https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/job/browsertests-MobileFrontend-en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org-linux-chrome-sauce/>
   )
   4. Click "configure" in the upper-left of the project page.
   5. Scroll down to "Project Recipient List"
   6. Add/remove as needed.
   7. Press "Save" at the bottom of the page.

​Have done this for MobileFrontend's Chrome​ and Firefox enwiki BetaLabs,
and the Firefox test2 Prod projects. They now only send to qa-alerts and
Chris McMahon.

HTH!

​J.
--