[QA] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 11 22:19:48 UTC 2014

Greg, Rob, Tomasz and I just had an IRL conversation about this. Given some
of the ambiguity of the test failures we've been discussing as related to
'infrastructure/architecture issues', we should be filing specific bug
reports in Bugzilla in regards to the issues we see. I'll followup with the
mobile web team directly to start digging into this. Further, it was
clarified that Greg G has ownership of getting the issues resolved. We also
agreed that for the time being, mobile-tech will be removed from the list
of recipients of the failure emails until the issues are resolved. However,
no one in the room was sure how to actually do this - Zeljko, Chris, Dan,
is this something one of you can help out with?

Finally, I'd like to mention that none of the conversation on this thread
was intended to question the integrity or validity of the hard work that
the QA team has put in to making improvements to the testing
infrastructure. We're all on the same (figurative) team, and we understand
that it takes time to iron out inevitable issues particularly when it
pertains to complex systems, migrations, etc. At the end of the day, we're
very eager to be able to fully leverage an automated test system to help us
ship better quality stuff, and the heart of this conversation is about
resolving the things currently standing in the way of that goal.

--
Arthur Richards
Team Practices Lead