[QA] [WikimediaMobile] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 11 16:54:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> We saw no substantive followup, and our browser test builds have been
> broken since the migration over one month ago as a result of
> infrastructural issues. This not only rendered the automated browser tests
> essentially useless for us but it has also become a significant drain on
> time and focus. This isn't a case of us asking 'are we there yet' - rather
> it's a case of us trying to understand when we'll be able to rely on our
> browser tests again and to see if there's any way we can help to improve
> the situation.

I have took a quick look at MobileFrontend Jenkins jobs[1-3]. 2 out of 3
jobs jobs have failures that have age 1 (meaning the test failed just once,
probably intermittent problem), but also tests that have been failing for
the last 3-53 times (so the problem is stable).

I will start debugging the problems that happen every time. I have no
answer on when the tests will be green (no failures) and sunny (no failures
for the last 5 test runs) again.

Željko
--
1: