[QA] an experiment: fatal error notices on beta labs sent to this mail list

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 27 15:34:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Chris McMahon <cmcmahon at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> I am concerned that it might be too much noise on a list that generally
> has a lot of signal.

Looks like that has already happened. There were 7 e-mails in the last few
minutes. The e-mails just said: "The file at /data/project/logs/fatal.log
on the deployment cluster has a new entry within the last hour.  You should
check it out." I have no clue (and I guess the most people on the list) how
to get to that log file, so the message is not really useful.

Željko