[QA] New fatal errors on beta labs

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 27 22:13:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Chris McMahon <cmcmahon at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Good point.  I'll dust off my regexp chops and see if I can parse some
> useful content from the fatals log. Probably won't be today, but it's a good
> idea considering that we're getting more than we expected.
> -Chris

You could use a variant of the runloop from the "fatalmonitor" script
that's used by deployers:

    #!/usr/bin/env bash
    tail -n 1000 /home/wikipedia/syslog/apache.log |
    grep 'PHP\|Segmentation fault' |
    grep -v 'filemtime\|failed to mkdir\|GC cache entry\|cache slam
averted\|SHA-1 metadata' |
    sed -r 's/\[notice\] child pid [0-9]+ exit signal //g' |
    sed 's/, referer.*$//g' |
    cut -d ' ' -f 7- |
    sort |
    uniq -c |
    sort -rn

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA