[QA] Coordinating update of CloudBees "Selenium" template

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 19 13:57:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:08 AM, Jeff Hall <jhall at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure how to best coordinate such a universal change to all WMF
> repos that have browser tests - can anyone suggest the best way to proceed
> that will minimize disruption?

Jenkins Job builder[1][2] (JJB) to the rescue! :)

I have started moving jobs from job template[3] to JBB. (Job template
proved to be a bad idea.) I have already moved a few jobs that were not
using the template[4] and now I have started moving jobs that are using the
template. The first jobs to be moved will be Visual Editor jobs, so that
should fix the problem. As soon as we update the rest of repositories to
use the latest mediawiki_selenium gem, I will update their JBB files.

By the way, a big thank you to Antoine for answering a lot of JBB related
questions at #wikimedia-qa.

Željko
--
1: http://ci.openstack.org/jenkins-job-builder/