[QA] Ongoing test failures on enwiki, testwiki, and betawiki

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 5 23:25:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> From Jon's latest email, it sounds like the beta test failures should be
> resolved (save for the VE-related ones). With the testwiki and enwiki
> failures, are those expected to go away with tomorrow's deployment?

Actually, the fix to page_loading.feature isn't quite complete, the step
doesn't check properly that the editor is enabled, and there is an
unimplemented step to be refactored.  If Jon doesn't fix these I will.
-Chris

$ bundle exec cucumber features/page_loading.feature
@en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org @test2.m.wikipedia.org
Feature: Loading pages

  # In stable pages are loaded the standard way via links.
  Scenario: Page loads without ajax in stable      #
features/page_loading.feature:5
    Given I am logged in as a new user             #
features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:48
    And I visit a protected page                   #
features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:108
    And I click the placeholder search box         #
features/step_definitions/search_steps.rb:1
    And I type into search box "Foo bar"           #
features/step_definitions/search_steps.rb:10
    When I click a search result                   #
features/step_definitions/search_steps.rb:30
    Then The edit button is enabled                #
features/step_definitions/editor_steps.rb:1
      expected "edit-page" to match "enabled"
(RSpec::Expectations::ExpectationNotMetError)
      features/page_loading.feature:11:in `Then The edit button is enabled'
    And The text of the first heading is "Foo bar" #
features/step_definitions/common_article_steps.rb:40

  # In alpha mode pages are loaded via JavaScript and ajax.
  @wip
  Scenario: Edit button updates when lazy load a page from search #
features/page_loading.feature:16
    Given I am in alpha mode                                      #
features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:73
    And I am logged in as a new user                              #
features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:48
    And I visit a protected page                                  #
features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:108
    And I click the placeholder search box                        #
features/step_definitions/search_steps.rb:1
    And I type into search box Foo bar                            #
features/page_loading.feature:21
    When I click a search result                                  #
features/step_definitions/search_steps.rb:30
    Then The edit button is enabled                               #
features/step_definitions/editor_steps.rb:1
    And The text of the first heading is "Foo bar"                #
features/step_definitions/common_article_steps.rb:40

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features/page_loading.feature:5 # Scenario: Page loads without
ajax in stable

2 scenarios (1 failed, 1 undefined)
15 steps (1 failed, 4 skipped, 1 undefined, 9 passed)
1m31.641s

You can implement step definitions for undefined steps with these snippets:

Given(/^I type into search box Foo bar$/) do
  pending # express the regexp above with the code you wish you had
end