[QA] Beta cluster running MW from scap copy

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 21 22:50:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> I have changed the MediaWiki hosts in the beta project
>> (deployment-{apache0[12],videoscaler01,jobrunner01} to work from the
>> copy of MediaWiki code and config that the beta-scap-eqid Jenkins job
>> [0] creates on each host.
>>
>> [ ...snip... ]
>>
>> [0]: https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/beta-scap-eqiad/

The altered jobs seemed to run fine over the weekend so today I took
steps to make this setup more permanent. I have applied puppet and
jenkins changes that now make /srv/scap-stage-dir on
deployment-bastion.eqiad.wmflabs the source of the MediaWiki checkout
that scap syncs to the beta apaches. This removes the use of NFS
entirely for the MediaWiki deployment in beta. The old
/data/project/apache/common-local directory remains intact, but it is
no longer being updated by the Jenkins beta-code-update-eqiad job.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA