[QA] Gerrit/QA/BrowserTests rights and one other silly question

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 10 21:14:30 UTC 2013

Perfect!

After you added me as a reviewer, I got an email just now with the title
"[Gerrit] Refactoring: class UserPage renamed to VisualEditorPage - change
(qa/browsertests)"

I clicked on "Diff" on the page at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/67865/ to
see what had changed and everything looked good.

But just to make sure, I want to run the test with these changes myself, so
I did:

$ git clone ssh://cmcmahon@gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/qa/browsertests
$ cd browsertests/
$ git review -d 67865

This brings Tomislav's branch down to my local machine.

Then I do

bundle exec cucumber features/visual_editor.feature

to run the test.  But it fails!  Of course, I forgot that the default test
environment on any local machine is on beta labs at
http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org, but looking at the top of the
visual_editor.feature file, VisualEditor tests only run on test2wiki at
http://test2.wikipedia.org .

So I do this to point my test to the correct test environment and run the
test again:

$ export MEDIAWIKI_URL=http://test2.wikipedia.org/wiki/
$ bundle exec cucumber features/visual_editor.feature

The test passes, everything looks good.  I merged the change.

Thanks Tomislav!
-Chris

 2049  export MEDIAWIKI_URL=http://test2.wikipedia.org/wiki/
 2050  bundle exec cucumber features/visual_editor.feature