[QA] vagrant install for windows

Tomislav Plavcic tplavcic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 22:08:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Ċ½eljko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Can you provide more data about your setup? What do you mean by "remote
> servers"?

My setup is Ubuntu 13.04 x64 on which I run Ruby2/selenium/cucumber
and all other stuff that drive tests. By remote servers I just meant
that I'm not running local mediawiki software nor in vagrant but the
tests drive the browser on pages at:
http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/

>> The problem is
>> I get it rarely and I cannot reproduce it because when I immediately
>> run the test again it goes well.
>
> That _is_ strange. So, you do not change _anything_ in the code, just rerun
> the test and everything works fine?

__Nothing__ is changed in the code. ;)

> +1. The code usually works just fine. It could be a timing issue, if it only
> happens for remote machines.

If i had to guess i'd say it's timing too. I'll try to run more tests
on vagrant just to see if it happens there too.

--
Tomislav Plavcic
Theoretically, if I cut costs enough we'll be profitable without