[QA] vagrant install for windows

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 23 12:32:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Tomislav Plavcic <tplavcic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sometimes I get the same error and I'm not using Vagrant (env is
> Ubuntu x64/Ruby2 and tests are run on remote servers).

As far as I understood it, the error is raised by page-object gem when it
can not start a browser:

https://github.com/cheezy/page-object/blob/master/lib/page-object/loads_platform.rb

Can you provide more data about your setup? What do you mean by "remote
servers"?

>  The problem is
> I get it rarely and I cannot reproduce it because when I immediately
> run the test again it goes well.

That _is_ strange. So, you do not change _anything_ in the code, just rerun
the test and everything works fine?

>  I don't have big problems with this but it would be nice to know why
> this is happening. There are some answers on the google which suggest
> error in the code (like this one: http://goo.gl/pVWUm1) but I don't
> think it's the problem here.

+1. The code usually works just fine. It could be a timing issue, if it
only happens for remote machines.

Željko