[QA] vagrant install for windows

Rachel Thomas rachelqa99 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 19:03:50 UTC 2013

Hi Zeljko,

Installing NoWindows is turning out to be a lot more complicated than it
looks. I am trying to do it from  the MingW32 Window (Git shell window) as
I run vagrant in that shell to bring up my VM.  I want to bring up Firefox
in the VM shell, and download the NoWindows from there. See this article
for how to install in on a VM;
 http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR11E00489

 What do I set the terminal DISPLAY too, in order to get  firefox this to
work, as what I tried below did not seem to work?
vagrant at mediawiki-vagrant:~$ export DISPLAY=127.0.0.0
vagrant at mediawiki-vagrant:~$ firefox &
[1] 8706
vagrant at mediawiki-vagrant:~$ Error: cannot open display: 127.0.0.1:0

[1]+  Exit 1                  firefox

Is there anything Xterm/Xclient  related I have to set in addition?

Has anyone else out there using Windows tried installing NoWindows in this
environment?  It would be great if someone else could give it a shot as
well.

Thanks.

--Rachel

*Gnome FOSS Outreach Program for Women Intern
Browser Test Automation, Wikimedia Foundation*