[QA] vagrant install for windows

Tomislav Plavcic tplavcic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:29:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Ċ½eljko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Rachel Thomas <rachelqa99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Unable to pick a platform for the provided browser (RuntimeError)
>
> I was getting the same error message on Mac before I have installed XQuartz.
> Looks like you should install NoMachine on Windows:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki-Vagrant/Customizing#Adding_a_gui
>
> Could you try and let us know if it works?

Sometimes I get the same error and I'm not using Vagrant (env is
Ubuntu x64/Ruby2 and tests are run on remote servers). The problem is
I get it rarely and I cannot reproduce it because when I immediately
run the test again it goes well.
I don't have big problems with this but it would be nice to know why
this is happening. There are some answers on the google which suggest
error in the code (like this one: http://goo.gl/pVWUm1) but I don't
think it's the problem here.

--
Tomislav Plavcic
Theoretically, if I cut costs enough we'll be profitable without