[QA] Documentation for onboarding QA volunteers

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 2 22:02:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

There must be about a dozen people in this list (at least) trying to get
started contributing to Wikimedia in browser test automation and other
QA tasks.

Your experiences these days at mediawiki.org are very valuable! Please
send us feedback before you forget:

* Was it easy to find the information you were looking for?

* Once you found it, were the docs good enough to get you started?

* If you got stuck, did you know where to ask?

* If you asked, did you get useful answers?

* If you are still stuck, where is the broken pipe we should fix?

* And by the way, is this whole wiki way of working clear?

You don't need to answer those questions exactly. What matters is what
has been your experience so far trying to become a Wikimedia QA
contributor, what should we promote and what should we fix or improve.

We will use your feedback to pave better roads for you and the new
volunteers to come!

Whether you reply with a sentence or an essay, we will read it and
respond. This is a top priority for us. Thank you very much.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation