[QA] repros, reports, and bug hunting

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 2 01:55:48 UTC 2013

Hello QAers,

As you might know, our new WYSIWYG editor for Wikipedia VisualEditor was
enabled for logged-in users today.  We've had some reports of defects and
issues, but overall it's been a pretty good release.

Reports of problems often show up on the Village Pump (Technical) page
(VPT) which is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#Problems and
you might be amused by the whole discussion at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#VisualEditor_going_live

Reports from users about problems are likely to show up on that page
throughout the week.  Since good bug reports from people who know how to
write bug reports are always helpful, feel free to camp out on VPT, try to
repro any issues reported by users, discuss them here on the QA list, and
file bug reports as you see fit...

Thanks,
-Chris