[QA] Running tests in Chrome locally?

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 1 13:26:17 UTC 2013

Hi Tomislav,

comments are inline.

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Tomislav Plavcic <tplavcic at gmail.com>wrote:

> I get following error: Unable to pick a platform for the provided browser
> (RuntimeError)

Do you have both Chrome and Chromedriver[1] installed?

>  Tried some fixes but nothing worked - maybe some ideas?

What did you try? Code and/or command line output would help.

>  In Windows when I set this variable I don't get error but tests run in
> Firefox like I didn't do anything.
> I set it as: set BROWSER_LABEL=chrome

The same question as before, do you have both Chrome and Chromedriver? To
check if everything works as expected, type this into command line (do not
type "$" and ">" characters):

$ irb

> require "watir-webdriver"
 => true

> browser = Watir::Browser.new :chrome
 => #<Watir::Browser:0x..f9454fc2b5779c322
url="data:text/html;charset=utf-8," title="data:text/html;charset=utf-8,">

This opens Chrome on my machine. If it does not work for you, please post
command line output.

Željko
--
1: https://code.google.com/p/chromedriver/downloads/list