[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-2083535 ] interwiki.py note gives wrong count

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 27 09:41:08 UTC 2009

Bugs item #2083535, was opened at 2008-08-30 07:57
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by siebrand
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=2083535&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Interwiki.py, when started up, ays something like:

NOTE: Number of pages queued is 0, trying to add 255 more.

If you specify parameters -number:10 and -query:255, it displays "add 255 more", but then only adds 10.

I have not tested that, but likely, limiting -array: will have a similar effect.

So, better interwiki.py should first compute how many pages are to be added this time, then display the figure, instead of doing it the other way round.

Comment By: André Malafaya Baptista (malafaya)
Date: 2008-09-09 15:05

Message:
I understand it as "TRYING to add 255 more" (sic). It tried to get 255 but
it may get less. That's my interpretation.