[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1876637 ] cannot save exclusion db without english in copyright.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 21 17:39:32 UTC 2008

Bugs item #1876637, was opened at 2008-01-22 01:39
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1876637&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The patch included copyright.py update, before update this patch, there are some bug we have to fix it.

when the script get the exclusion database from jawiki, it cannot save into the text file and return error:

Updating file 'copyright\ja\jaclone.txt' ([[ja:Wikipedia:ウィキペディアを情報源とするサイト]])
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\My Documents\SOURCE\mwbot\pywikipedia\copyright.py", line 1188, in <m
odule>
    excl_list = exclusion_list()
  File "D:\My Documents\SOURCE\mwbot\pywikipedia\copyright.py", line 360, in exc
lusion_list
    load_pages()
  File "D:\My Documents\SOURCE\mwbot\pywikipedia\copyright.py", line 319, in loa
d_pages
    wikipedia.config.shortpath(path), page.aslink())
UnicodeEncodeError: 'cp950' codec can't encode character u'\u7ef4' in position 4
9: illegal multibyte sequence

I use windows XP SP2 and python 2.5