[Movementroles] Edit war in movement roles?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:39:06 UTC 2011

Please do not edit war over this.

I think all groups in the movement with trademark agreements will be
able to participate in fundraisnig in the sense of raising funds on
their own.   Direct fundraising via the sitewide notice during the
annual fundraiser is different, and has so far been restricted to a
subset of chapters.

There is a question of what it means to share banner-driven
fundraising 'proportionally' with groups -- whether geolocating a
reader's IP is a good method for defining proportionality for some
groups, and whether any other methods make sense.  And there are
philosophical differences about whether this concept of
proportionality, rather than something tied to mission-aligned work /
effective planning / measurable impact  is a good long-term model.

I do not expect us to fully resolve this question by the summer, we
should focus on identifying points where there is no consensus.

SJ

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Joan Goma <jrgoma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please can somebody take look at this.
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Movement_roles_project/Current_players_and_their_roles&action=history
>
> It seems to me crystal clear that any organization working in the real world
> has the role and the need of fund raising no mater if it is a chapter or
> not.
>
> But it seems that I am unable to explain it. It seems that Beria believes
> that the only way to raise funds is signing an agreement with WMF.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266