[Mediawiki-l] upgrading to Mediawiki 1.17.0

John Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:20:05 UTC 2011

Not sure if I can help but I just did a similar upgrade. I had to go into
the /maintenance directory in the /mediawiki-1-17.xx and run as the owner
php-update.php   which updated the internals for mediawiki's php system. I
then removed the tables from the data base that had been created during the
new installation, and used the command line instructions   'mysql -u *username
*-p database_name < wiki.sql'  (minus quotation marks) to import the
'wiki.sql' that I had exported from the old mediawiki. It worked fine.