[Mediawiki-l] Restore Wiki

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Sep 6 00:56:31 UTC 2011

> For some reason, one of my MW installations is not working - the front
> page
> is not found.  I get a 404 Not found and my web hosting provider has no
> idea
> how to restore it, even the latest backups didn't help.
> I do have the database but I noticed the articles are available in a
> binary
> format.  So, is there any way to get that into a text format and then be
> able to reinstall MW and reload the articles and other pages?
> Thanks,
> Bruce

I have no idea, of course, but try temporarily deleting the require once
codings such as:

require_once( "$IP/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );

at the bottom of LocalSettings.php and see if the wiki works without
extensions.

A require once call like that when there is no corresponding installed
extension will blank your main page, indeed your entire wiki.

Fred