[Mediawiki-l] ImportFreeImages extension.

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Wed Nov 2 15:32:15 UTC 2011

Product Version MediaWiki <http://www.mediawiki.org/> 1.17.0 PHP
<http://www.php.net/> 5.2.17 (apache2handler) MySQL
<http://www.mysql.com/> 5.1.56

Reading the release notes for 1.16 (using 1.17.0 currently).

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.16

I read that....

# Rewrote Special:Upload to allow easier extension.

However, 1.16 / 1.17 breaks the extension I am interested in, namely
"ImportFreeImages" (via FLICKR API).

Documentation suggests that the ImportFreeImages extension is no longer
maintained, viz

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImportFreeImages

The browse function works well.... on upload I get the following:

****
Upload warning
Invalid URL: $1
****

Version info:

******
  * @ingroup Extensions
  * @version 2.0
  * @author Bryan Tong Minh <bryan.xxxxinh at gmail.com>
  * @author Travis Derouin <xxxxxs at wikihow.com>
*****

Options? Fix "ImportFreeImages"? Or find an alternative that works with
1.17 (and higher)? I thought I had found such a version in SVN, but it
was just copy.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers!

Gordo