[Mediawiki-l] Add new user to uniqueMember attribute in LDAP backed

Simon Reber S.Reber at lcsys.ch
Wed Nov 2 09:51:29 UTC 2011

Hi List,

We have setup mediawiki using LDAP backend for authentication according
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication/Configuratio
n#Configuration_for_non-AD_domains
	-> Our LDAP was/is designed to work, using uniqueMember
Attribute and RequiredGroups Option!

Anyway, some administrators who don't have access to LDAP, would like to
add users (uniqueMember attribute) to some of the groups, using
mediawiki WebUI.
So far I haven't found anything, pointing me in the right direction
respectively confirming whether this is possible or not.

This is why I'm reaching out to the group, since probably somebody here
might be able to help me or to tell me where to look at (haven't found
any extension though)

Thanks for your help and all the best,
Simon