[Mediawiki-l] IPV6

Ashar Voultoiz hashar+wmf at free.fr
Wed May 18 06:26:59 UTC 2011

On 17/05/11 20:51, Huib Laurens wrote:
> * How IPV6 ready is the software? Can MediaWiki be used without problems
> with IPV6 and how about the core extensions like CheckUser or RevDelete?

MediaWiki should mostly works with IPv6, it is just a lower level
backend change which only have impact on the corner.  It is almost like
having it run under Windows versus Linux :-)  As an example my
development Wiki is IPv6 only.

There is only 5 bugs reports and 7 enhancements:

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=ipv6&list_id=7647

If you find anything bad, please do open a bug and CC me if possible.

I can not say anything about extensions.

--
Ashar Voultoiz