[Mediawiki-l] spam attack avoids captcha

Sarel Wessels (Agri Wiki) swessels at agriwiki.co.za
Wed Mar 16 06:13:05 UTC 2011

At this stage I've blocked the function for users to create accounts
themselves... They complete a form on the website, and I receive an
email, then I create the account for them. Before I create the account,
I normally contact them to determine if they are a genuine prospective
users... It seems to be working for me, but I have to mention that I do
not receive a lot of requests to create an account as my site is not a
high traffic website at this stage.

Op 2011/03/16 07:45 AM, het Chris Lewis geskryf: