[Mediawiki-l] Images missing after WM 1.17 upgrade

Rick Phillips rphillips at idirect.net
Fri Jun 24 13:03:14 UTC 2011

I am in the process of upgrading from MediaWiki 1.13.3 (r45790), PHP
5.2.11, MySQL 5.1.42 to MediaWiki 1.17.0, PHP 5.2.13, MySQL 5.1.47 on a
Fedora 11 server. I have replicated the production server in a virtual
machine to ensure the upgrade went well. This site is an internal
company Wiki and is not accessible externally.

On the replica virtual machine, I have followed the instructions at the
bottom of http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading, I have made
several attempts using minor variations. After all of these attempts,
none of the images in my Wiki will display, I just get the filename
listed on the page. If I go to the Special:UncategorizedFiles page, none
of the thumbnails are displayed, again just filenames. If I go to the
File: page for an image, the image is not displayed, but all the info
appears correct.

For example:

File:BaselineDiag.png
 Size of this preview: 800 × 269 pixels
 Full resolution‎ (4,142 × 1,393 pixels, file size: 439 KB, MIME type: image/png)
 Baseline Diagram from Visio

I have attempted to run the "maintenance/rebuildImages.php" script with
no success, no output at all, which concerned me.

I have attempted this with both $wgUseImageMagick = true; and
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/bin/convert"; set and with these
entries commented out.

The images (445) all displayed fine before the upgrade but not after.

Rick Phillips
rphillips at idirect.net

</PRE><BR><span style='font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#003366'>
This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains<BR>
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary<BR>
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual<BR>
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original<BR>
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the<BR> intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email<BR>
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or<BR> copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email<BR>
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.<BR>