[Mediawiki-l] Images missing after WM 1.17 upgrade

Rick Phillips rphillips at idirect.net
Fri Jun 24 16:40:01 UTC 2011

I found the issue, in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf in the mediawiki
Virtualhost, I changed "AllowOverride Limit" to "AllowOverride all".
Requires httpd service restart. (service httpd restart).

Also used the following steps to upgrade the MediaWiki version:

1) Upload mediawiki-1.17.0.tar.gz to /tmp on the target server.

2) Run the following commands as the root user:

 cd /docs/www
 mkdir mediawiki-1.17.0
 cd mediawiki-1.13.3
 find * | cpio -pumdav ../mediawiki-1.17.0
 cd /docs/www
 tar -xzvf /tmp/mediawiki-1.17.0.tar.gz
 cd mediawiki-1.17.0
 find . -nouser | xargs chown apache:apache
 cd /docs/www
 rm -f mediawiki
 ln -s mediawiki-1.17.0 mediawiki
 cd mediawiki/maintenance
 php update.php

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 09:03 -0400, Rick Phillips wrote:

> I am in the process of upgrading from MediaWiki 1.13.3 (r45790), PHP
> 5.2.11, MySQL 5.1.42 to MediaWiki 1.17.0, PHP 5.2.13, MySQL 5.1.47 on
> a Fedora 11 server. I have replicated the production server in a
> virtual machine to ensure the upgrade went well. This site is an
> internal company Wiki and is not accessible externally.
>
> On the replica virtual machine, I have followed the instructions at
> the bottom of http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading, I have
> made several attempts using minor variations. After all of these
> attempts, none of the images in my Wiki will display, I just get the
> filename listed on the page. If I go to the Special:UncategorizedFiles
> page, none of the thumbnails are displayed, again just filenames. If I
> go to the File: page for an image, the image is not displayed, but all
> the info appears correct.
>
> For example:
>

> File:BaselineDiag.png
>  Size of this preview: 800 × 269 pixels
>  Full resolution‎ (4,142 × 1,393 pixels, file size: 439 KB, MIME type: image/png)
>  Baseline Diagram from Visio
>

> I have attempted to run the "maintenance/rebuildImages.php" script
> with no success, no output at all, which concerned me.
>
> I have attempted this with both $wgUseImageMagick = true; and
> $wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/bin/convert"; set and with these
> entries commented out.
>
> The images (445) all displayed fine before the upgrade but not after.
>
> Rick Phillips
> rphillips at idirect.net

</PRE><BR><span style='font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#003366'>
This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains<BR>
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary<BR>
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual<BR>
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original<BR>
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the<BR> intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email<BR>
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or<BR> copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email<BR>
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.<BR>