[Mediawiki-l] solaris 5.9 and Mediawiki 1.17

Jeff Campbell jeffc at informatics.jax.org
Wed Jul 27 11:08:01 UTC 2011

I just tried to upgrade our version of Mediawiki(1.13?) to Mediawiki
1.17. Everything went fine until I went to run the update.php script and
I got this error: ld.so.1: php: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/depot/php-5.3.6/php-5.3.6         /bin/php: symbol
xmlTextReaderGetAttribute: referenced symbol not found
Killed

I googled for some answers and it keeps pointing to libxml2 but the
version is 2.73 and is the same as another wiki I have running on
another server with Mediawiki 1.17. So far the only thing I can find
different between the 2 installs is the one that is working uses Solaris
5.8 and the one giving the error is version 5.9. Is there a problem with
Mediawiki 1.17/php and Solaris 5.9?

Any help would be appreciated.