[Mediawiki-l] not a single <noscript> on Wikipedia

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sun Jul 17 02:19:47 UTC 2011

M> Pretty fascinating -- I gave it good ratings.
> But there's nowhere to put ratings.
M> Yes, there is -- at the end of the Wikipedia website you sent me.

Ah, those wily Wikipedians embarrassing me in front of my billion year
old mom.

Indeed, one finds not a single <noscript> on the entire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_of_Settlement page,
nor I bet on the entire http://en.wikipedia.org/ .

That despite it being part of "A minimal example of a
standards-conforming web page containing JavaScript",
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript#Example_-_use_in_web_pages
and Wikimedia blogging day in and day out about accessibility, etc.

No I'm not saying there should be a single disclaimer for the whole
site, to let them off the hook, but instead useful links or at least
mentions of each item one is missing out on.