[Mediawiki-l] New Wikimedia Foundation plan, and visual editor project

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 15 02:52:01 UTC 2011

**
The Wikimedia Foundation just released its new Annual Plan.

Q&A:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/2011-2012_Annual_Plan_Questions_and_Answers

A heads-up for MediaWiki administrators and users: we're developing a visual
(WYSIWYG) editor, to make it easier for novice users to edit.  This is a big
project that will take many months.  We aim for "first opt-in user-facing
production usage by December 2011, and first small wiki default deployment
by June 2012."

You can find more information at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Future and
discuss the development on the wikitech-l and wikitext-l lists.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator