[Mediawiki-l] Vector skin: AJAX search behavior

nakohdo Frank.Ralf at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 17:15:29 UTC 2011

The behavior of the Vector skin search box on my MediaWiki 16.5 installation
differs from the one on mediawiki.org (see screenshot):

1) The full text search option is only shown after selecting one of the
search suggestions.
2) I don't get the nice bold letters at the beginning of the search
suggestions.

Questions:
a) Have I messed somehow with my installation to cause this behavior?
b) Or is mediawiki.org using some other/additional search mechanism?

Any hints welcome.
TIA
Frank

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32062924/Vector%2Bskin%2BAJAX%2Bsearch.png