[Mediawiki-l] how big the SVN footprint of MediaWiki has grown

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat Jul 9 21:41:01 UTC 2011

Anybody got a graph of how big the disk footprint of a basic MediaWiki
SVN installation has grown each year? It seems we're up to
$ ssh jidanni.org du -sh mediawiki/
142M    mediawiki/

Well yes, in these days of big disk platters, one can still get by.
But I do believe you are putting on weight a little faster than the
general population.

(Plus, I bet there's nothing we basic SVN users could do to trim the fat.
And if there was, it would end up breaking later, just while we are at the disco.
Whereas those who actually use those unused parts would be better suited
to deal with not sending it out at the source in the first place.
(OK, I recall I mentioned something like that before, but "as you provide/encourage
no official way to search for it", I'm not responsible for repeating myself.))