[Mediawiki-l] Separating code and local data of Mediawiki?

Igor Chudov ichudov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:13:03 UTC 2011

I happen to have several wikis.

Some of them are nonworking, but I have database dumps.

I am trying to recreate them, and I want to do a nice job.

Specifically, I want to

a) Share the same code base
b) Keep them in separate MySQL databases
c) Preferably, keep images in databases to ease backup.

What really irks me at the moment, is that a mediawiki installation has
local data (LocalSettings, images etc) completely intermixed with code.

Is there some way to separate this? To have code in one place and several
directories with data in another place?

I did read a few instructions and was slightly put off by needing to create
a cornucopia of symbolic links, etc.

I wonder if, perhaps, there is some mediawiki implementation that separates
data from code in some nice, clean way.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Igor