[Mediawiki-l] How to display wiki formatting as text

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Jan 24 16:11:53 UTC 2011

I'm trying to write a wiki page that will show the contents of a text
file containing wiki code.  I need it to display the raw text without
any changes.  I've tried using <nowiki>, but that doesn't work. <pre>
only works until it sees the </pre> contained in the text file that I'm
trying to post.

The file is a bash script that builds a text file to be injected into a
locally hosted mediawiki install.  I'm trying to document the script
within the wiki itself.  How can I tell mediawiki to display this text
as text, ignore all wiki and html markup?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil