[Mediawiki-l] Re ad 1200 Pages into wiki

Juriy Katkov katkov.juriy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:54:27 UTC 2011

Hello! If your delimiter is a double newline I would suggest you to use awk
or Google Refine to convert the data in XML. With Google Refine it should be
easier since this tool provides instant preview during the configureation of
the output.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM, nakohdo <Frank.Ralf at gjmx.net> wrote:

> AFAIK most import scripts map one file to one wiki page.
>
> But you could use MediaWiki's XML import/export format for multipage
> imports
> from one file (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps).
> Converting your Word content to XML might be a bit tougher but should be
> manageable.
>
> http://slash4.de/tutorials/Automatic_mediawiki_page_import_powershell_script
> might give you some pointers.
>
> hth
> Frank
> --

Yury V. Katkov
Laboratory of intelligent systems
of the Saint-Petersburg National University of Information Technologies,
Mechanics and Optics, Russia
http://ailab.ifmo.ru