[Mediawiki-l] Invitation to San Francisco MediaWiki hackathon, Jan. 20-22

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 14 23:54:36 UTC 2011

You're invited to San Francisco's first MediaWiki hackathon, January
20-22, 2012.

If you're a developer or designer and want to build an application on
top of MediaWiki, or using Wikipedia content, please participate in our
hackathon in San Francisco (January 20-22 at pariSoma). We'll bring
together our senior coders with new developers to build applications
running in MediaWiki itself, on mobile devices, or based on Wikipedia's
content and data.

This is a free event put on by the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit
that runs Wikipedia and maintains MediaWiki. You'll get a brief overview
of all the key technologies you need, and then you'll have a weekend to
build something amazing and make it open source. At the end, show it off
and take the next step to get it running on our servers. Join us Friday
night for drinks and conversations, and get ready for a weekend of
coding. Food and drinks provided. :-)

More info:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Hackathon_January_2012
Register: http://wikimediahackathon.eventbrite.com/