[Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom skin path

Daniel Steiner steiner at futurelife.ch
Wed Sep 29 06:07:02 UTC 2010

Hi

I'd like to use a common skin path for two different wikis to share file
resources.

Directory structure is as follows:

/DOCUMENT_ROOT/wiki1

/DOCUMENT_ROOT/wiki2

/DOCUMENT_ROOT/Common/skins

For this, I added to each LocalSettings file:

$wgStyleDirectory ="$IP/../Common/skins"

$wgStylePath ="/Common/skins"

While testing this, I got the a error like:

"Warning: require_once(/usr/local/... /Common/includes/SkinTemplate.php)
[function.require-once
<http://foundation-register.org/stf1test/index.php/function.require-once
> ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/usr/local/.../Common/skins/MonoBook.deps.php on line 12"

This is because of SkinTemplate.php is relatively referenced in
MonoBook.deps.php as "require_once ( dirname ( dirname ( __FILE__ ) ) .
'includes/SkinTemplate.php' ", which belongs to normal directory
structure.

The strange thing now is, changing the statement in MonoBook.deps.php to
"$IP/includes/SkinTemplate.php" didn't work.

It seems, $IP isn't available at this point and the statement results in
"require_once (/includes/SkinTemplate.php)" only.

Could somebody give me a hint what I'm doing wrong,  please?

Or is there a better solution to that plan?

Thanks

Daniel Steiner