[Mediawiki-l] SVG Thumbnail errors

Henry Hartley henry at dotrose.com
Thu Oct 28 20:14:16 UTC 2010

On 10/27/2010 5:20 PM, Caitlin Dempsey wrote:
> I'm using ImageMagick to render SVG images on my wiki but some of the
> thumbnails have problems with them.  For exampled this SVG image has
> some pixels in the upper left hand corner that shouldn't be there:
> http://thecatholicguide.com/wiki/File:Arms_of_Basilica.svg
>
> My wiki is hosted so my only image converting option is ImageMagick.
> Is there anything I can do to get better thumbnails?

I'm afraid I can't tell you what to do in general but I can say that in
the case of the graphic linked to above, it's the star polygon that's
the issue. Note that I don't see the polygon at all when I view the file
in Inkscape but ImageMagick *tries* to render it and seems to me to have
it in the right place (around the origin) but gets a little confused,
apparently. Here is a much reduced version of your file which exhibits
the reported behavior.

<!-- Created with Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) -->
<svg
    xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"