[Mediawiki-l] Drupal authorization .htaccess

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Oct 27 23:23:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have recently--and apparently successfully--implemented Drupal
authorization for my Mediawiki installation with the AuthDrupal
extension.  (Yes, I've tested it with a user account that is not my
own that had not previously been used to log in to the
wiki--ever--in an environment that hadn't been used to access the
Drupal site either.)

But I'm having trouble with the .htaccess file to foreclose access
to Special:Userlogin.  The directions suggested by the INSTALL file
at http://wiki.case.edu/CaseWiki:External_Authentication just didn't
do it for me.

From Apache documentation, I gather this should be entirely
unsurprising.  Unfortunately, I never have been able to figure
anything out using that documentation--and this was no exception.

So here's my setup: I have a Drupal installation at
http://www.parts-unknown.org/drupal6/ and a MediaWiki installation
at http://www.parts-unknown.org/mediawiki/ .  The Drupal
installation is login-only and it would actually be fine if people
hitting http://www.parts-unknown.org/ were automatically redirected
to the wiki as long as access to the Drupal site remains possible.
At the very least, I would like to disable Special:Userlogin.

How do I do this?

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>