[Mediawiki-l] Benefits of using wiki in a corporate environment-how to convience?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Mon Oct 18 13:59:57 UTC 2010

Our successful, corporate MediaWiki site has been written up in various places. Here's one article:

  http://www.northeastexecutive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=198

and one book (we are one of the major case studies):

  http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-2-0-Collaborative-Organizations-Challenges/dp/1422125874/

MediaWiki can make a HUGE, positive difference for a company, but not if you just throw up a wiki and assume people will see the benefits. The corporate environment is very different from the Web: everyone is "too busy" to learn new systems. Our rollout worked but it took dedicated personnel and a well-thought-out process.

DanB