[Mediawiki-l] users rights and importing users

André Meunier ameunier at ulg.ac.be
Thu Oct 14 14:10:00 UTC 2010

  Hello,

I'm using UserRightsList extension to manage the rights of my user via a
list, instead of one by one.
I have a lot of users on the wiki, as it is used for students to make
group works.
I've updated the wiki to the last version, and the extension is broken,
I get this message when trying to save changes :

*Fatal error*: Cannot access protected property WebRequest::$data in
*/var/web/bsv/public_html/wiki/extensions/UserRightsList/SpecialUserRightsList.body.php*
on line *62

*Also, I use the extension Mass User Import, to import the students with
the name, email, username for the wiki, and they receive an email with
invitation and a temporary password.
Could it be tweaked to add the group to which I would like to assign
them? I don't know where in the tables the users and the groups are
connected.
If I can't, do you have any idea how I could easily add about 400 new
users to a group, and switch about the same number of users from a group
to another group?

Thanks
André
*