[Mediawiki-l] Access restricted by user or by category

Juan Manzanares Juan.Manzanares at fox.com
Thu Oct 14 09:04:56 UTC 2010

Hi all

First of all, I want to say sorry about my English, is not very good. So
I'm going to try to explain my problem by the best possible way.

I have installed a mediawiki for internal use, we have four different
departments than have access to the mediawiki. But the problem I have is
the department A can't see the documents of the other departments, only
can see the documents create by department A. And the same with the
other departments.

I use Category for the documents, I have for categories called
Department A, Department B, Department C and Department D. And below
each category they have their documents.

So I need to restricted by user or by category or by user group. I was
looking the extension and I saw a extension called CategoryPermisions
but this extension doesn't work.

Please, could somebody tell me how to do it or where I can fine some
information about it?

Regards

Juan Manzanares Ros