[Mediawiki-l] Moral standards

Raymond Wan r.wan at aist.go.jp
Fri May 28 14:52:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Nevio -- I'm not a list admin team either, but I am with OQ.
  It isn't a matter of whether a discussion doesn't belong
on list X, then it must go to Y.  In order for it to be
relative to both X or Y, it should be about the software.
How the software is used and the philosophy behind it falls
outside of all of the Mediawiki mailing lists (it seems
after a quick glance).

Another point is that the mediawiki-l list description falls
under "Help & info for system administrators" and below
that, the comment "If you are having difficulty with your
own installation of MediaWiki, then this is the place to ask
for help."

Perhaps it is just unfortunate that wikipedia, wikimedia,
and mediawiki (especially the last 2) have similar names.
The last one is the software; the first two are two cases of
how they are used, which are perhaps interesting to talk
about elsewhere.

Of course, if you (or Bernard) see some relevance in the
question that I have failed to see, please let me know...

Ray