[Mediawiki-l] wgEnableScaryTranscluding and Templates/Images?

Jim Tittsler jt at OnNZ.net
Fri May 21 02:23:05 UTC 2010

I have a small wiki farm.  I would like to include templates (and in a
couple of places transclude entire pages) from one "main" wiki into
some of the smaller instances.  I have enabled
wgEnableScaryTranscluding and set iw_local and iw_trans in the rows
associated with my iw_prefix of my interwiki table.

If I include a template like {{we:Objective|Think}} the text of the
template is included in my page as I had hoped.  But:
 1. the parameter reference doesn't appear to get substituted, it
renders as {{{1}}}
 2. if the template (or other page I try to transclude) includes
images, they render as broken images

In an attempt to fix the second problem, folks on #mediawiki suggested
I setup a foreign file repo.  That does allow me to transparently
reference images that exist in the main wiki, but does not seem to
affect the rendering of images in transcluded templates and pages.
(Meaning [[Image:Objective.gif]] works, but if Template:Objective
references that image, it is broken when the template is pulled across
the interwiki reference above.)

How can I get templates (and transcluded pages) to work across wiki
instances?

(Mediawiki 1.15.3)