[Mediawiki-l] External editing broken in MW 1.15.4 ?

Daniel K. Schneider daniel.schneider at unige.ch
Wed Jun 2 14:15:55 UTC 2010

Hi,
until I made an upgrade from 1.15.1 (applied the 15.2,3 and 4 patches) I
was happily editing my wiki pages with gnu emacs via ee.pl
and a bookmarklet that goes:
  javascript:location=location+'?action=edit&externaledit=true';

(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:External_editors)

Now, external editing is broken I and I suspect that this is related to
  (bug 23076)
  Fixed login CSRF vulnerability. Logins now require a token to be
  submitted along with the user name and password. Patch by Roan Kattouw.

Any ideas on what I could/should do to get TRUE external editing back ?
I don't mind installing stuff. I am not much of a programmer/sysadmin,
but I can read :)

I don't want to use something like "It's all text" since it's not
practical to edit several wiki pages at the same time and having
to keep several browser tabs open just for saving. (I do this at home
on a windows box and it's a pain).

- thanx for any help / insight ! - Daniel

PS: Of course I am not sure about the cause, but in my case
identification of the problem (upgrading) is really simple. I got two
wikis on the same machine:
The 1.15.4 one (http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/) is broken and the
1.15.1 one (http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/fr/) works just fine.