[Mediawiki-l] Media file viewing problem

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 22:34:18 UTC 2010

Even Thorbergsen wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> This is my first posting to this MediaWiki mailing list.
>
> I am managing a MediaWIki site at http://www.bmk.no/wiki.
>
> After having used Extension:ImportUsers, I discovered that the media files
> viewing faulted, using a strange file path.
>
> I don't really know if the use of the extension caused it, but now I need to
> fix it somehow.
>
> This is how it looks (partly translated from Norwegian) where the
> "Festivallogo" picture was supposed to appear:
>
> Error creating miniature picture: convert unable to open image: convert:
> unable to open image
>
> `/data/www/bmk.no/www/wiki/images/Festivallogo.jpg': No such file or
> directory.
> convert: missing an image filename
> `/data/www/bmk.no/www/wiki/images/thumb/Festivallogo.jpg/600px-Festivallogo.
> jpg'
>
> Best regards,
> Even Thorbergsen
> User Event (or EvenT) at several Wikipedias.

Your image is at http://www.bmk.no/wiki/images/4/47/Festivallogo.jpg
You have changed $wgHashedUploadDirectory to false without moving all
the files from the subfolders to the image root.
Removing the $wgHashedUploadDirectory line or setting the variable to
true (the default) should make it work again.