[Mediawiki-l] Please convince me to make my software open source

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 18 18:38:00 UTC 2010

In my area of work (bioinformatics) I have not seen convincing
business models that were based on charging for code. Integration,
customization, consulting - yes, it needs a lot of expertise to get
that right and people are willing to pay for that expertise.
Contributing to the open-source pool advertises your organization's
capacity to understand real-world issues and address them in a viable
way.
$0.02 - B.