[Mediawiki-l] postgres upgrade

Justin Graf justin at magwerks.com
Wed Jan 13 15:47:53 UTC 2010

to move the database

Postgresql does not do in-place upgrade of databases .

use pgdump from postgres 8.3  when backing up 8.1 database

Install postgresql 8.3 create the database then restore the backed up
database to 8.3

if you are still having problems go to the postgresql mailing list
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
pgsql-general is the one you want, it has the most traffic and people
are very helpful.

Postgresql also has a wiki
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Main_Page