[Mediawiki-l] Re ad 1200 Pages into wiki

nakohdo Frank.Ralf at gmx.net
Wed Dec 29 11:56:39 UTC 2010

uv22e Alcott wrote:

> I have a word file (1200 pages) (written within the last 10 years). It is
> written in cinstant format (Like a lexicon) and i would like to import it
> into a mediawiki installation. How can I do that?

OpenOffice can open Word files and lets you export text as MediaWiki markup.
You have to make sure you are using correct styles in Word, though (headings
etc.).

And with the OpenOffice extension
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/wikipublisher you can even
publish directly from OpenOffice to a live online wiki.

hth
Frank